Friday, June 13, 2014

Healthy Food, Everest Kitchen!

Keone Chariton

Marketing Assistant Intern

CNMI SBDC



Laxmi Shrestha of Everest Kitchen has been on Saipan for more than ten (10) years and spent most her time working in the culinary industry.  When asked, why did you decide to start your own business? Laxmi replied, “I feel happy and satisfied when I serve my own food to people”. Besides her experience and satisfaction of serving her tasteful platters, as an employee she decided she had to do something for her family.

For Laxmi, owning and operating a restaurant is no stranger to her. She stated, “My husband and I established a restaurant in Nepal, and it turned out to be a success.  And during my time at Nikko Hotel, I learned how to cook a variety of exotic foods, from Indian and Western to Italian cuisines. “

How did the CNMI SBDC and other resources help you? Laxmi statesd that “Mr. Daniel Hann, a business associate, was the first person to lead me to the Small Business Development Center, and Mr. Perry Inos, Jr.  helped us a lot with corporate documents, marketing, business planning, financial management, human resources, and licensing.  I attended several SBDC business training seminars and all those seminars were helpful.  It was the most important part for me to start-up my business.  They cleared all my confusion and they helped me with every step.”

Although Laxmi is familiar with running a restaurant she acknowledged that starting a new business would not be an easy process. She said, “Opening a business was itself a challenging experience.  From finding the right path, financing the business, and marketing and creating new ideas were all part of my challenges.”

What is your most memorable triumph in your start-up process? Laxmi stated that “the day I cancelled my false start and the joined the right path with the assistance of others and the CNMI Small Business Development Center (CNMI SBDC) was the most memorable triumph in my start-up process.”

Everest Kitchen’s short term plan goal is to focus on improving quality of organic food and services provided to the customers. “I want to make sure that every customer I serve is satisfied with our quality of service,” stated Laxmi.  As for long term, her goal is “to not give up, whatever the situation in the future and to maintain high food quality and to target and serve more people every day.”

Lastly, her advice to anyone interested in starting up their small business is: “To get success we have to sacrifice, to work hard, and to keep moving on until we see our dreams become reality.”

For further information or reservations please contact Laxmi Shrestha at everest.ktchn@gmail.com or 233-2688.  They are located in Garapan, Saipan alongside Bridge Capital bldg. Hours of operation are from 8am-2pm.  They are also open on Thursdays at the Garapan Street Market from 5:30pm-9:00pm.

 

Want to know how the CNMI Small Business Development Center can help you? Contact Director Perry Inos, Jr. at 670-664-3018 or e-mail perry@pacificsbdc.com.